Election Extended to April 28 Due to COVID-19
On March 25, 2020, the Ohio General Assembly passed H.B. 197, a sweeping piece of legislation aimed at dealing with the state’s response to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. Among other items, the bill sets April 28, 2020 as the final day of Ohio’s primary election.
Dayton REALTORS® believes that every eligible voter should exercise their right to cast a ballot. In an effort to assist our members and the general public, we are providing the following resource links in the anticipation that visitors will request their ballot and vote in this primary election.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
- In order to receive an absentee ballot, you must first contact your county's Board of Elections and ask for a VOTE-BY-MAIL BALLOT REQUEST. This form is also available for download and printing.
- Complete the form, place it in an envelope, affix proper postage, and mail it back to the Board of Elections.
- Once the Board of Elections receives your request, they will mail an official ballot to you.
- Fill out your ballot, enclose it in the postage-paid envelope provided, and place it in the mail.
- Your completed ballot MUST be postmarked by April 27, 2020. Any ballots received after that will not be counted.
(Full FAQ's, rule exceptions, and details are available at the Board of Elections websites.)
County board of elections links
Voters can also request applications by calling the Board of Elections at 937-548-1835
Voters may call our office and request that an absentee application may be mailed to them at 937 562-6170. Please note that printing your own request or writing a letter will be quicker.
You may request an absentee ballot by calling Montgomery County Board of Elections at 937-225-5656
Email a request for Absentee Application, include your name, mailing address, contact information and number of applications needed to preble@OhioSoS.gov
If you do not have access to print off the application below or email, please call us and leave a detailed message to request an application be mailed to you. (937) 456-8117
You may complete an Absentee Voter Application Form any of the following 3 ways:
- Absentee Ballot Application - Fillable Format
- Absentee Ballot Application - PDF
- Call our office and have the application mailed to you. 513.695.1358